Brushing your young children’s teeth is tremendously important because they cannot achieve this task themselves. As with adults, children also require daily brushings twice daily. This ensures their teeth will not fall to the ills of tooth decay or cavities.
Create an improved oral health identity with childhood tooth brushing. Consider the following tips:
– You should start brushing your child’s teeth from the time the first tooth grows in until they can safely do the task themselves.
– Search for a toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Always bring your child in for an oral examination to their pediatrician before they turn one year of age.
– Avoid sharing utensils or dental cleaning tools between you and your child.
– For children under 3 years of age, a rice-sized blob of toothpaste should be used, and for children 3-6, a pea-sized blob of toothpaste should be used.
– Stick to toothpaste that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance and has been recommended or approved by your child’s pediatrician.
If you would like to schedule an oral health care exam for your child at Texas Kids Dental, simply call our pediatric office in El Paso, Texas, at our number 915-858-6868. Dr. Jeffrey Erickson and our entire team await. With the help of our team, the pathway to a better smile can be achieved.